LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth Kulkarni (Software professional)     23 January 2010

Weird Problem

We both are legal divorcees, have 5 year old kids from previous marriage and decided to re-marry. We were performing the marriage in a small ceremony witnessed by few of our well wishers. We were in to the 3rd round of saptapadi, god knows what happened, She thought this marriage will not work out, the kids wont adjust and she just backed out. Well wishers were clicking photographs and video recording but since this was a shocker, they too stopped photographing and video recording. Later she tore away the page (only half of it) from marriage hall's register and went off with her kid to her place. The priest is not issueing a marriage certificate as the rituals were abrupted midway, her consent wasnt there and he doesnt have her documents (decree, judgement, id and address proof). i can't even register the marriage because of lack of temple certificate, her documents and consent. She has completely cut off and not responding to any calls or talks.

Some legal pundits say that this marriage is null and void as it never happened. But i want to know how can i be legally secured so that she doesnt trouble me later by producing some of the photographs that were clicked during the process? I dont know whether she/her well wishers will co-operate me in this legal process. The priest and my well wishers will support my side of the story. So experts, please suggest how should i legally safegaurd myself in case of co-operation/non-cooperation from her/her well wishers. Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register