LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrassedby498a (softare)     29 October 2011

Way to get the atm video footage from the bank

Hi Friends,
Is there any way to get the video footage of an ATM (Central Bank) of date in the middle of march 2011.
I have used my ICICI debit card for the same.ICICI bank has provided me the authorised letter that the withdrawl has been made on the specified date and time  from the above specified ATM.
This evidence is crucial to me to prove my innocence in the case.
I have requested the Branch Manager of cental bank  along with the application to provide me the same , But he says that is an old data and is deleted now.
I have already filed an RTI and awaiting the response.
Pointers in this issue would be more helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Warm Regards


 8 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     29 October 2011

if police complaint has been lodged the police will investigate the commission of offence , the police will inspect the video footage and if police find on investigation that you are innocent , charges if any will be dropped

harrassedby498a (softare)     29 October 2011

Thanks Ajay for the reply.

Here the problem is i myself have withdrawn the money from the ATM and asking for the video footage for the

same .I want to create an ailbi that i wasn't present at the scene of offence during the above said date and time.

which is true .In the change sheet they have said that i was present at their home town during this time.

How can i complian to the police regarding this ?Please help me in this regard.






ajay sethi (lawyer)     29 October 2011

ICIC bank wont provide you videp footage unless there is a court order . in your stameent before police you state that on said date you were in town and had in fact goneto withdraw moeny from ATM . the police will then investigate your claim

1 Like

harrassedby498a (softare)     29 October 2011

This is an 498a Case .At what stage should i give the statement to the police.This evidence will come into

picture during the trail stage.

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     30 October 2011

You must know the time at which you have withdrawn the amount

Footage of only ten minutes will do

Apply to the Bank that I require this footage to defend myself in a Court case

Get their reply

If they dont ,submit these in Court and ask Court to make the Bank a Party  or file a Misc Peti tpo make the Bank a Party

Also THINK EXTREMELY HARD AND TRY TO REMEMBER ANYONE (NOT RELATED TO YOU, NOT RELATED TO THIS CASE) Who has spent some time (only minutes) and you have transacted some exchange or you were present in a group of people

Also he must be ready to give witness for you in court of law to prove your point

Was it a holiday or Working day

Points will be helpful


1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     30 October 2011

Dear harrassedby498a

you can file an application before the court and informed all th facts if the court think fit and accept you application then the hon'ble court passed an order to Central bank to provide video photage of the same in the court.

feel free to call

1 Like

harrassedby498a (softare)     31 October 2011

Thanks Suresh and Nadeem For the reply.

If i go through through the court and file a petetion and if we get the reply from the central bank that the footage has been deleted from the system since it has been a long time then what should be my stand ?

It was on sunday 13th of march 2011 and it was a holiday .

On that day i have infact gone to my relatives house and returned to my home at night around 11:00 PM

In the change sheet the 498a gang  have said that i was present at their home town during this time and abused them to bring additional dowry.

Please help me out in this issue .




Private banks in India are just horrible,there being no regulatory mechanism to control them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query