Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mansi (Lawyer)     01 April 2014

Verbally abused pregnant woman seeks divorce

Dear experts,

A woman who has been married for 2.5 years faced verbal abuse from her mother in law and unmarried brother in law and complete indifference from her husband. Emotionally starved and financially drained. One month ago she discovered she is pregnant and thought that the marital problems may go away. Things worsened. She is thinking of divorce but doesn't know her stand on keeping the foetus or aborting it. 

what is the legal point of view on this matter. 

Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 April 2014

If the situation is turning from worse to worst in your matrimonial house, it is better to stay away from the members of your matrimonial household for the present and since you are in a family way, it will be a good reason to avoid direct confrontation with those people for quite some time in the future too, and I hope by the time child is born, the family expanded, the matrimonial people may change and mend their behavioral attitude seeing the baby,do not rush up with the legal course of action especially during the course of your pregnancy, it will not be good your health or to the health of the innocent baby you are carrying in your fetus. Never ever think of terminating your pregnancy for which you will repent for your whole life.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     10 April 2014

Good opinion by Learned Mr. Kalaiselvan.  Follow his advice.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 May 2014

situation will keep turning bad to worse if pro-woman laws are not put to force against toturers.

please note that these laws (though mostly used against innosent persons) are meant for protection of tortured women like this one.

Atur Chatur (LAWYER ADVOCATE NOT REQD BECAUSE I FIGHT MYSELF PARTY-IN-PERSON (aturchatur@yahoo.com))     02 July 2014

I don't agree that pro-woman laws to be used.

Because if this is used then it will cause DEFINITELY an irrepairable damage to the relationship.

Concentrate on the child & pray to god. If really something bad was done to you let god do the justice., because since a baby is involved, I personally suggest to forget & forgive everyone & look as the wonderful face of newcomer. & try to reconcile

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register