Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

medapati (AEE)     05 February 2014

Venu05022014

Sir,

My father got unmovable property from his father and mother after their death without any WILL. through sharing with his only brother.

Now what is the condition of that property? Do i have any right to ask about those property which he got from his father  and mother. I had one elder sister married and well settled. I am not married yet.

My father sold out property he got from his father and fore fathers, without my consent or my sisters consent. Is this ok or not?

He said that  i had no right to ask about that property?

please guide me on how to protect my deposits in your branch. 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 February 2014

If the property of the grand father was his self acquired property then this property shall devolve to all his " legal heir "  if he died intestate.

The grandson is not legal heir if his " Father " is alive.

In case father of the grandson died before the death of grand father then grandson being son of the " predeceased son"  get the share in the property which his father would have got if alive.

If your father is alive then you dont have any right till you attain Majorityt.  After attaining majority you can ask and demand  for your right in the property

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2014

If the property acquired by your father was of ancestral in nature, you can claim an share in it or atleast a share on the amount procured after selling the said property.  However, if it was a self acquired property of your grandfather and your father inherited the same as his share as a legal  heir, you donot have any rights over it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register