Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (gmail)     20 February 2012

Vat and service tax

Hello,

I have brought FLAT in bangalore in July 2010. total cost of the flat is 40 lacs and registration will be approx 3 lacs. Now the flat is ready  in possession and builder is asking me to pay additional 2.25lacs on the name of service tax and VAT. My first query is do we need to pay VAT and service tax. if yes, then what is the percentage and on what value do i need to pay.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Learning

8 Replies

Hello,

I have brought FLAT in bangalore in July 2011. total cost of the flat is 40 lacs and registration will be approx 3 lacs. Now the flat is ready  in possession and builder is asking me to pay additional 2.25lacs on the name of service tax and VAT. My first query is do we need to pay VAT and service tax. if yes, then what is the percentage and on what value do i need to pay.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Majid Kachhi (advocate)     20 February 2012

As you are going to purchase ready possession flat from builder,then in such case you are not required to pay service tax a service tax of 2.58%.on when you want to purchase flat which is under construction then u r required to pay service tax.

Vineet (Director)     20 February 2012

Yes, in the facts of your case, you have to pay service tax on all sums paid after 1-7-2010 for purchasing under construction flat. The rate is 2.575% of amounts paid after 1-7-2010.

For VAT please consult a local consultanat as VAT rules vary from state to state.

Hello Majid,Vineeth,

thanks for the info,

is the service tax to be paid on the entire amount ie., (Basic cost+amenties) + car parking.

Could you please provide the actual breakup.

Vineet (Director)     21 February 2012

Yes, the entire sum. The service tax is 2.5% + 3% cess on ST = total 2.575%

CA. Vikash Dwivedi (Chartered Accountant)     19 July 2012

VAT is payable in Maharastra wef 1.4.2010 @ 1% on registered value. however ST is payable across India 2.5%+3%. 

Not sure about Karnataka. check with local consultant.

MRIDUL BHARGAVA (FINANCE CONSULTANT)     06 January 2013

An amount received from the government in installments by Public sector undertaking for implementing e-governance project in Govt. departments. PSU further assigns that work to specialized agency to execute the work. In this process, PSU earns some percentage as income like 5%.

Brain storming Question :-
1. What is the service tax liability for PSU?
2. Whether Service tax is applicable on the Income part only or the gross receipt amount received from Govt.?
3. Service tax applicability at the time of receiving advance from Govt. or at the time of billing to sub-contractor.?

Thanks in advance!!!

E.LAKSHMIPATHI (ACCOUNTS MANAGER)     09 March 2013

Finance bill 2013 regarding service tax applicable on restaurant.

If taxable service of  40% is derived from the sale value, then this 40% of sale will attract VAT? OR not?

please provide detailed explanation for my query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register