LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Padmanabhan Krishnasankar (Student)     12 July 2008

Vacant Land


                   One of my friend's relative died and he is not married but has purchased a   land  and he has  5 sisters and 4 brothers of which only 2 brothers and 4 sisters are alive presently. The person is the youngest of the lot. I would like to know how to settle this issue properly.


 3 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     13 July 2008

statutorily all his brothers and sisters are his successors and also the heirs of brothers or sisters who are no more are also entitled for share in the property. The property should be equally divided amongst the all brothrs and sisters first and thereafter from their each individual share further should be divided amogst the heirs of deceased brothers and sisters. If land cannot be partitioned, it should be disposed off and consideration received can be divided.

As a lawyer I would first advise you to approach appropriate court for probate and appoint an executor to do all these. Consult lawyer and file an application in court with signature-applicant of all the successors i.e. brothers and sisters and also include the heirs of deceased brothers and sisters.

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     14 July 2008

ok its thegood information on the subject given by the  learned brother advocate.

Krishnan Venkatachalam (Legal professional)     15 July 2008

The advise given by our friend Mr.Arun Trivedi is perfectly O.K.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register