Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

David Mcgreggor (na)     13 February 2010

Urgent help needed

Hello Everybody,

My query is in regards to a bank locker. My mother had opened this locker about 20 years ago, two years after she opened the 

locker she added mt father's name to the locker. He only operated the locker on her behalf to take out or put in her jewelry 

when something had to be put in or taken out and she was unable to go. He would have operated it approximately 3 to 4 times 

in total, and didnt use it for about 6 years before she closed it. May parents seperated (not divorced) a few years ago and 

as my mother was finding it tough to maintain the locker she closed it. The bank asked for her signature on a handwritten 

application; the same was made and they closed the locker. 
Now years later my father has defaulted and fraudulantly sold a joint property they held, in an out of court settlement he 

agreed to give her a house which he is now denying to do and making the locker into an issue. The house he agreed to give her 

has been transfered to her name via a gift deed and an mou although he still holds posession, the case is still pending; in 

return she was to give him a POA to indemnify him for the fradulent sale of the property.
All the items in the locker were my mothers and he is now making a huge list of his belongings which he claims were also in 

the locker. This allegation is completely baseless but our case is held up because of it. 
Just incase it makes a difference he has never contributed towards the rent or deposit of the locker.

Can anyone suggest a way out?

Learning

1 Replies

David Mcgreggor (na)     15 February 2010

Bump for responses, urgent help needed, thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More