LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Satyam   03 November 2019

Upsc capf- obc certificate issue

I have to fill my Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) DAF for interview. I belong to OBC non-creamy layer category. I have category certificate dated 06/03/2019. This is well within the cut-off date mandated by the commission. It is known that the government revises the criteria for creamy layer from time to time. The last revision was done through a resolution dated 13/09/2017. The category certificate which I got issued from my Tehsil does not mention the latest resolution number while the format of the certificate as mentioned in the notification of the UPSC contains it. Will it create any problem? My contention is that if I were under NCL category as per resolution dated 27/05/2013 (this being the latest resolution number on my certificate) which set the income criteria of 6 lakhs, I'll still be under the NCL category as per the latest resolution dated 13/09/2017 which raised it to 8 lakhs. Also, I got the certificate issued on 06/03/2019. So, it's not like my certificate is old. What I don't understand is if there was a revision to the criteria for NCL in 2017 itself, why didn't the relevant resolution number feature on my certificate in March, 2019? Could someone please suggest a way out? I'm having sleepless nights.

Learning

1 Replies

Sb Karma   04 November 2019

Originally posted by : Shubham Satyam
I have to fill my Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) DAF for interview. I belong to OBC non-creamy layer category. I have category certificate dated 06/03/2019. This is well within the cut-off date mandated by the commission.

It is known that the government revises the criteria for creamy layer from time to time. The last revision was done through a resolution dated 13/09/2017. The category certificate which I got issued from my Tehsil does not mention the latest resolution number while the format of the certificate as mentioned in the notification of the UPSC contains it. Will it create any problem?

My contention is that if I were under NCL category as per resolution dated 27/05/2013 (this being the latest resolution number on my certificate) which set the income criteria of 6 lakhs, I'll still be under the NCL category as per the latest resolution dated 13/09/2017 which raised it to 8 lakhs.

Also, I got the certificate issued on 06/03/2019. So, it's not like my certificate is old. What I don't understand is if there was a revision to the criteria for NCL in 2017 itself, why didn't the relevant resolution number feature on my certificate in March, 2019?

Could someone please suggest a way out? I'm having sleepless nights.

Generally you don't need any other version...but if you have latest updated certificate with resolution number it will be best.

So if it's possible apply for new certificate,it will automatically add new resolution number

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register