LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti (Software Engineer)     23 December 2011

Unregistered property

There is a property which my brother bought from a society near Hosur, Tamilnadu. It is not yet registered in his name.

Before the property was registered he died. He is survived by his mother, brother and sister. Who will get the rights of the property now. Is it possible to register the property in one person's name now. My brother was not married, so will the property go to my mother by default due to hindu succession act of an unmarried son.

Is it fine if we give a join affidavit giving rights to my mother to register in her name. Is that permissble. Alternatively is it possible to register that in either my name or my brother's with an affidavit by the other two members. Will that be acceptable in the registrar's office.

If not, what else needs to be done, can someone please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

asendilvel (Consultant)     24 December 2011

shruthi

is it alloted site, 

has your brother paid up the total cost of the alloted site

has he all receipts pertaining to it

if registration has not happened that means its not transfered legally, 

chk with the society , if you can furnish your bro's death certificate & process the claims

experts can advise 

Shruti (Software Engineer)     24 December 2011

It is not an alloted site. It is purchased from an authorized company society. All the receipts are there and we have final letters where they had asked us to register the site. That did not happen due to his death. So now we have to register the same in any one of the survivors name. I am not sure what is the rule as per the society. My brother has not left a will so I was trying to find out the rules for the same. 

asendilvel (Consultant)     26 December 2011

shruthi

chk on the requirments of society and get back one of us would be in a position to help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register