LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anuj lahari (Student)     05 April 2013

Uncle is in marital affair threatens my aunt

From the few days, there has been a dispute going on between my uncle and aunty. When i asked my aunt that what is wrong between both of you, why such fights and bad abuses are going on mostly everyday. She told me that your uncle has been engaged with some other girl and when i knew that he is in with some one. I tried to ask him and to make his fault hidden he put the blame onto me by saying that you are a bad women and you got affair with someone. She also told me that he also say all the time that i try to kill him by giving him slow poison. She said i am confused what to do as i have to children, and uneducated women from a village where would i go if he blame me with such comments.

Then i suggest her why don't you talk to his parents and tell your parents, so like a typical indian housewife she replied that if i telll to his parents they won't accept her boy guilt, and if i told to my parents then the situation will become more worse and the last decision would be divorce plus my image would be vanished totally. She told that i want to stay with him in any circumstances. But to make myself protected legally what should i do. If he files a case against me including such worse comments that what will i do.

She wants to get legally strong as to be safe from her side. I want anyone out here to please understand this case and let me help her.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Best way out:

Cannot change the person in question, adjust.

Cannot adjust, take MCD, and part ways.

Trupthi Agarwal (advocate)     05 April 2013

anuj, inform her about her rights and the law that is for women. also inform her about the dire consequences that her husband has to face like adultery. i understand that she is uneducated woman from village but basic information about rights of women needs no diploma or a degree. 

Anuj lahari (Student)     05 April 2013

Mam,  I appreciate your thoughts. But, the main reason behind her sharing me such personal problem is to suggest the legal measures through which if her husband file a case of trying to kill, point a fingure onto her character. So, at that time she could be stable enough through that to say that i am clean and he is wrong and i done this before because i know he would do something like that. And if the case is finally filed up by him at court, then legally court will prefer her proof prior as compare to him. 

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     05 April 2013

Tell her to start collecting some material evidences which would show her husband's extra relation. Try to explain that an allegation made is not an allegation proved.

Keep a record of the dowry that may have been given at the time of marriage and let her know her legal rights.

Which part of the country is it? If the man has a hint about the ongoing feminine revolution in the country, he wont do it!!!

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Ranee....... (NA)     05 April 2013

agree with Trupti and Chetan

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2013

you cannot bring any legal measures as long as she is comitted of not taking any action.

Such like women are bound to sufffer despite the laws which are made for their benefits and which are misused by false complainanats. 

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     06 April 2013

His allegations of slow poisoning indicate a psychiatric problem. She can try to make him visit a psychiatrist. If he does not agree then she can take the help of the CAW Cell to persuade him.

www.mehnat.in

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2013

he is alleging slow poisoning to ensure that wife can be sent to jaol. How can you expect him to go to psychiatrist and create evidence against him.

No advise is valid unless victim woman is willing to protect herslef. On the contrary you can be in trouble.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 April 2013

No psychiatric patient visists doctor. Particularly if his rogue husband and being advised by wife. 

He is alleging slow poisoning on his wife to ensure that she is in jail and you cannto expect him to provide ev idence in her support.

Unless your aunt is interested in protecting her life and dignity no amount of advise will be valid one.
 On the contrary you can be in trouble.

Ranee....... (NA)     06 April 2013

He knows how to tackle wife.

Let him make such allegations, because he has to prove that .These are tricks to dominate wife so that she dont raise her voice against him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register