Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANJU LAYAN   03 February 2022

Unable to get back certificate from nursing college

I dropped out of nursing after 1 and a half year but i Pay only fee of first year.Now they are not giving my certificate and documents also asking for full fee payment of 4 years ... what can I do


 6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 February 2022

When a candidate has been selected through counseling, abandoning the course in the middle is most unfair, as the college could not get fresh admission after first for rest of the course, and a deserving candidate has lost opportunity of studying the course.  As per NSRDC ruling the candidate is bound to compensate the college for their financial loss.

This is one part.

But, the college can not hold the qualification certificates as a security for the fees and those certificates must be returned to the candidate immediately on-demand after verification.  The directives are issued by MHRD, AICTE, UGC, and also state governments.

The candidate has to issue a notice to the principal demanding for the return of the original certificates within a week from receipt of the notice, as the college is having no right to keep the documents with them as per  MHRD, AICTE, UGC, and also state governments.  They should mark that notice to the relevant University and also to the Director of Higher Education.  The college is bound to return the certificates and if the certificates are not returned, UGC may also cancel their recognition.

PALLABH HALDAR   03 February 2022

Not a big issue 

Get duplicate certificates or download them through DigiLocker which is valid throughout India.


Advocate Pallabh Haldar


1 Like

ANJU LAYAN   03 February 2022

Sir how can I issue a notice to the principal?


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 February 2022

NOTICE dt.4th Feb, 2022 under CP Act.


The Principal,

.............Nursing college,


This complainant is a bonafide student with Admission No..............Name:........................S/o  .....................Address and secured admission for Academic year ...................and submitted all his original qualification documents for verification.

The student has requested for returning the original certificates after verification and moved the matter with the Administrative office several times from the last...........months.  Till this date, the original certificates were not returned to him which amounts to deficiency of service and also harassment of a student.

There are specific directions to all colleges from the Ministry of Human resources (Central Govt) State Govt Higher Education, University Grants Commission, and AICTE that the institution should return the original qualification certificates to the student when demanded by the student, and not returning them amounts to serious misconduct and repeated denials may even compel the authorities to cancel such recognition given to the college.

In spite of clear-cut directions by higher authorities that the institution should return original certificates, the certificates are not returned and the student is being subjected to harassment.

As directions/instructions are being violated knowing such serious repercussions, this complainant/student demands for the return of all such original certificates within 7 working days from the date of receipt of this notice, failing which the student will be reluctantly constrained to seek legal remedy.



Name and full address.

ANJU LAYAN   03 February 2022

Thankyou so much sir

Aryan Raj   04 February 2022

In response to your query,

You can go to the Court to get your college certificates back. College has no legal authority to withhold your credentials or demand payment of your four-year fees. Your remedy is to send a formal notice to the college, requesting that they return your certificates since you do not wish to continue your studies.


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query