Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

divya raj singh (advocate)     28 June 2012

U/s 80

hello sir/ madam........

I received a notice against my FATHER IN LAW u/s 80 crpc. He is a retd. general manager from northern indian railways. I want to know the duration  for the reply of this notice. I hve heard that you have to reply within 15 days after the receiving of notice .is it true?

what steps can i follow in this regard? please help me.......

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2012

Notice:- Section 80 enacts that no suit shall be instituted against the Govt. or against a public officer in respect of any act purporting to be done by such public officer in his official capacity, until the expiration of two months next after notice in writing has been delivered. The object of Section 80 is the advancement of justice and the securing of public good by avoidance of unnecessry litigation. This section is mandtory. Two months' time is sufficient time. Within this time,  the Govt. or public officer concerned may settle the claim if possible. section is express, explicit and mandatory and it admits to implications or exceptions.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2012

Notice:- Section 80 enacts that no suit shall be instituted against the Govt. or against a public officer in respect of any act purporting to be done by such public officer in his official capacity, until the expiration of two months next after notice in writing has been delivered. The object of Section 80 is the advancement of justice and the securing of public good by avoidance of unnecessry litigation. This section is mandtory. Two months' time is sufficient time. Within this time,  the Govt. or public officer concerned may settle the claim if possible. section is express, explicit and mandatory and it admits to implications or exceptions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register