LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarvesh (Software Engineer)     01 March 2014

Two jobs in one yr and frustrated with tax filling


My question is regarding Income tax filling for yr 2014,

Previously i was working in a software company from april 2013 to dec 2013 and after that i got selected into a govt job and started working from dec 2013 to till date.

In the previous company i was in the tax slab so they have deducted monthly tax from salary which is reflecting in 26AS form but in the current job i am not under tax slab. I have not shown any tax saving certificates to the current or previous employer and my previous employer dint gave me any form 16 but i have all the salary slips.

So my question is how can i save max tax based on the total financial yr salary and where do i show my saving certificates till march 31.

Can i show these certificates while filling the return?

Please help me regarding the problem.



 5 Replies

Harendra Kumar (A Practicing Lawyer)     01 March 2014


I is the Hurry, you got the Government Job. In your case, your last employer deducted TDS and not issued the said certificate and your current employer not deducted TDS due to reason your income is not taxable.

In the case, you find out your Total Income and calculated the tax.

Check the deduction and exemption also.

If your tax liabilities create then you should to be adjusting the deduction or exemption.

After deduction or exemption, if over the tax liabilities then adjusting the TDS certificate otherwise REFUND CLAIM.

Further, if you filed the Income Tax Return on due date then you revised the said return otherwise not.

Find out your TDS certificate through Form 26AS and calculate your tax liabilities.

Ant other queries plz forwards the same.

Sarvesh (Software Engineer)     01 March 2014

Can I submit my 80c investment certificate to my present employer inspite of there is no tax deduction.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 March 2014

Club the income from both employers and apply standard deduction and Tax Relief under whichever section it is applicable to you e.g; 80C,80D, 80G etc……………………and file ITR.

IN the same claim refund,  if applicable.

Demand Form16 from previous employer in writing under proper acknowledgment and request to supply the hard copy b Redg. Post only and soft copy by email. If there were some issues mention that postage prepaid self addressed envelope is attached for sending redg. post to you.

If you are not able to handle the matter on your own take help of Lawyer practicing in Income Tax.

1 Like

Sarvesh (Software Engineer)     03 March 2014

Thanks for the help Kumar Doab.

So i will some up my income details from both the employers and will fill the IT-return.

My other que is- At the time of sending the ITR acknowledgement, i need to send my saving certificates right?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 March 2014

The form for ITR is simple to understand.

The copy of the investments certificates need not to be attached only the amounts may be mentioned.

It is a simple thing that even elders in the family or staff in ITO can explain.

Or you can file ITR thru IT lawyer. It does not cost much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query