LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhruv (other)     07 April 2014

Trial period of staying together while pending cases

GWA judge is asking me and wife to stay together for trial period while cases remain pending (498a, DV, GWA). I said Ok because somehow I felt the judge was very very good and understood my case. Judge said - live temporarily in a separate flat from my father and wife will also not be in touch with her parents during this time (she knows about their interference).

Children now with wife. She is 35, I am 39, 2 kids 9 & 4. 12 years of marriage.

Only thing I will lose is money through DV case if I continue the cases, however I am sure of winning as cases are totally false and filed for oblique reasons for going back abroad, while I want to stay in India for sake of my father. However the time will be spent away from my children mostly and losing career as for one year am not able to work due to 5 different court cases.

It seems wife has been trying to stop my arrest by police. Wife parents r main problem though.

GWA Judge spent about 3 hours counselling us both and reprimanded her many times about her conduct and behaviour in front of her and for filing obviously  false case against me and family.

I Met with wife a couple of times after an interim order of understanding that a reconciliation process is in place.  Things were largely OK. 1st 2 times was almost like happy old times.

3rd time, Over the question of location of trial period flat, she is now extremely argumentative, She is still verbally very aggressive.  (developed this bad attitude in last 3 years). I said I cannot afford more than 10k rent and since I will be taking care of full expenses if she wants she can pay more for a flat of her liking above the 10k.

So stuck in this situation now. One set of opinions in many forums are that do not take a 498a wife back. Another set of opinions is that for sake of children and saving family do some compromise to avoid the legal slow death of the family otherwise.

I tried to tell my wife that trial period might cause further complications so lets do a final reconciliation agreement.  Personally I would like to prove my innocense but children and family would suffer and so would my only remaining father of 71 years.

What do you recommend should I put as conditions in the reconciliation agreement before the trial period? Experts - Please share your opinion.

Learning

1 Replies

Yadanand Legal help (maintenance divorce remarriage = yourscrew@gmail.com)     07 April 2014

Agree so that all cases will be disposed off and fresh cases can not be filed easily.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register