LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Dogra   06 July 2020

Travelling allowance during transfer on request

Dear Sir, When a Central Govt Employee is transferred to another place where change of house is involved, he is given Travelling Allowance on Transfer as per following- 1. Expenditure on shifting of Households & personal conveyance as per entitlement. 2. Composite and packing Transfer Grant 3. Expenses on travelling by self and dependent family members as per entitled class. However, there is no specific mention about what all is authorized out of the above when the employee is transferred to another station on request. Is there any instruction or Court's decision regarding the subject matter ?


 3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     06 July 2020

When the transfer is at request of the employee, he is not entitled to any benefit.  He has to bear all expenses himself.  There will be no reimbursement (not even a single penny) from the Govt.

Vinay Dogra   06 July 2020

Rule seems to be undefined a bit. The Govt Employee can claim all the expenditure done on behalf or beneficial to Govt, but he is barred for claiming the perks personally benefitting him. Here, Transfer on request still includes claiming of travelling expenditure done enroute as per the entitlement. But the rule is silent about how the households/conveyance will be shifted.

Stafford   26 March 2021

Lawyers club has an information about their new thread about travelling allowance during transfer on request. You can follow to and know how to get Tax Number in Portugal. You need to pay Expenses on travelling by self and dependent family members as per entitled class. Join it for more information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register