LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnakumar S (Personal)     12 December 2013

Transfer of self owned property to his sons

Our father wants to transfer/gift his property to his two sons.  What is the best (safest & cheapest) method to transfer: Will, Settlement, Gift or any other mode.  Please enlighten us.


 4 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     12 December 2013

for transfer of flat to two son SAFEST way is to transfer by WILL , as till father lifetime father will be the owner .As it is cheapest and easy way.

Simi Salooja (Legal Secretary)     12 December 2013

Dear Krishna Kumar,

As per mi, the best and the safest way is to do a gift deed.. this will also become easier and cost effective and time saving thing... 

in case you make a will now and later, after his death, in order to transfer the property in your name, you would need to get into obtaining a probate/ succession certificate from high court. This might take anything from 3-6 months.. depending on documetation and other evidences that you would need to provide.

And at the end the choice is yours.


Adv Simi


Krishnakumar S (Personal)     12 December 2013

Thanks Simi for your clarification. Now, please indicate me on what will be the cost estimate for executing gift deed. I am in Chennai Anna Nagar. Can you please suggest anybody near to my place. Thanks in advance,

Simi Salooja (Legal Secretary)     13 December 2013

please call Adv Vinoth on 90800 00007... he will get you thru.. and also will explain you how to execute and what will be better a gift deed or settlement deed...

the lawyers charges for the same would be around 10k, 


Adv Simi

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register