LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Qarrthiquoe S Aiyer   31 December 2021

Transfer of ownership from deceased mother to son

Hello, my mother passed away 30th May(2021) .My father passed away in 2019. Since I have been paying the mortgage for this house (registered in her name ) at Greater Noida, UP; my only sibling, my brother has no objection to having the apartment transferred in my name.

To this effect, my legal counsel had obtained an NOC from my brother, but to acquire the Legal Heir Certificate required for transfer of the said property, the concerned authorities (as per my lawyer) are asking for a family identity such as a Ration Card, which I do not possess.

Can someone suggest a solution to this?

Thank you.



 8 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     31 December 2021

Obtain certified copy of election voter list of your family that will suffice your purpose.

1 Like

Qarrthiquoe S Aiyer   31 December 2021

THat's very helpful.Can you guide me on where I can get it from and who should certify this?

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     31 December 2021

Certified copies of voter list may be obtained from office of election officer or collector office.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     31 December 2021

This elector can apply for the certified copy to their respective Election Branch or through through CSCs along with the followings:

  1. Court Fee.
  2. Duly filled up application form.
  3. Any other documents (Voter ID Card, Voter slip/ Previous Voter List etc.)
1 Like

Qarrthiquoe S Aiyer   31 December 2021

Sir, can you shed some light on what CSC stands for?

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     31 December 2021

A relese deed from your brother will serve the purpose since the same is on your mother.You can register at the jurisdictional registrar office. Document wrter will do the needful.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 December 2021

Only a registered settlement deed among co-sharers within the family or a relinquishment deed from all legal heirs of parents is the only legal way.  Contact another local advocate for a second opinion.  NOC is not sufficient for the relinquishment of immovable property and NOC can not be a legally valid title deed.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 January 2022

Yes, the property is already vested with you and your your brother. Your brother hasthe option to execute a relinquishment deed,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query