Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

summer69 (owner)     03 June 2021

Transfer of case

Can a wife tranfere divorse case from one city to anothery city of difference and husband cannot stop it.....


 6 Replies

Nikita Jain   03 June 2021

state the facts precisely!! its unclear to state a remedy.

summer69 (owner)     03 June 2021

I was told that if i file case from bangalore and if wife is staying in parents in kolkatta . she can transfer case to kolkatta and i have always fight case from kolkatta

Cant i fight case from own home town

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     03 June 2021

 Normally  the High Court  has decide to transfer of case from one city to another city as per the merits of  records. If the reason submitted before the court is not genuine then your duty to put your evidence and details to stop transfer.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     03 June 2021


Yes, cases can be transferred if you have a valid reason and you have to make an application in the high court.

Further, as per my opinion, you have a valid reason for transferring the case to Kolkatta. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 June 2021

Transfer of cases relating to Matrimonial Disputes from a court situated in a particular state to a court situated in another state, can only be done by the way of Transfer Petition which may be filed by either party to the case before Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.Supreme Court of India has original Jurisdiction to transfer a civil case relating to Matrimonial Dispute, based on facts of the case, & circumstances of parties, and if such transfer is expedient for ends of Justice.

pankaj verma   03 June 2021

maximum case of transfer goes in favour of wife..but can fight on reality ground s

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query