LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

panny p   20 January 2023

Traffic fine

got challan for driving without license 5000rs will it affect the government job selection. and in the form there is a question "have you fined by a court of law" what should i write in that.? please explain in a big confusion.

Learning

10 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 January 2023

fined in a civil matter may be noted in the application.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 January 2023

Reveal / disclose truth in the form.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 January 2023

Traffic offences are excluded for the purpose of eligibility for Governmenr jobs unless it is a serious one like causing death and absconding.

panny p   26 January 2023

so sir do I need to mention that in the form?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2023

Yes, you must disclose the fact.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 January 2023

But state that it was a traffic offence.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 January 2023

I tend to disagree with Mr Ramani as this is not a Civil Fine.  However, I will agree to the extent that I have hardly seen anyone form being denied appointment on this couont.  Such type of offences are not even recorded in police station.

panny p   27 January 2023

Respected sir I also wanted to clarify that the fine is collected by the court or the fine is collected by the traffic department. I am in a tension that will this offence will create any hinderance in my career prospect with respect to the government examinations?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     28 January 2023

The fine is collected by the police. There is no court appearance. Some police officers are authorised to collect the fine and issue receipt. Otherwise there are police chowkies where the fine can be paid. Nowadays the fine can be paid online also. Normally when an offence is committed, the driving licence is confiscated and sent to a specified chowky. The driver can collect back the licence from the chowky after paying the fine. In this case the offence was not having the licence. So there was no licence to confiscate. Once I was charged for the same offence and given a chalan. I never paid the fine. There are thousands of such cases and it is difficult to trace everybody and catch everybody. Nowadays there are computers to trace culprits. But computers cannot catch the culprits. It has to be done manually. Anyway do not loose sleep over the matter. You are fined by the police and not by a magistrate or a court of law. So you give no as answer to the question. I am a retired Government Servant.

To Adv. Sudhir Kumar

I said that this is a traffic offence. I do not know whether it is a civil offence or a criminal offence. I am not bothered to know it because I am not a lawyer. If you go to a doctor he will find that you are suffering from may ailments. If you go to a lawyer he will find that you have breached many laws.

panny p   28 January 2023

thank you sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register