LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bijay Meher   16 October 2022

To which department my case involved?

I belongs to the Bhuliya Community of Odisha.Our family is a single family of that community on Assam.My father had not taught me the language and custom of that community.My education up to graduate level has been completed in Assamese and Bengali medium.But it is pathetic that Assamese and Bengali community people has not accepted us as their people.For this I have to lost the jobs on two of school s as a teacher.I cannot marry a woman as they asked my community on the other hand I have not much fund as my carrier has lost.I am 40 years old fellow working as a home tutor door to door.But as I have not married my future is not secure and my desire can not fulfill legally.So, what can I do? Which department can solve this issue Judicial or administrative? Please reply.


 3 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     16 October 2022

File writ petition before high court or Supreme Court, claiming your right to self determination 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 October 2022

At present where are you residing?  You have to obtain the caste certificate from Odisha Revenue Sub Divisional Officer.  The job will be given by an authority of a Department/institute/organization.  But not by the people whether they accepted your community or not.  It is not a question at all.  It seems like an academic query but not a real one.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 October 2022

It is difficult to understand your query. Firstly, it is not only the Assamese people that will refused to accept Bhuliya Community of Odisha as Assemese, as even Bhuliya Community of Odisha will refused Assemese people, so there is no discriminatory character as far as that Caste matter is concerned, as this is the same with all the other states practices on Caste, which is rooted in birth. As far as your job is concerned, if you are discriminated because of your Caste, you can always challenge it in the Court on the grounds of unconstitutional actions of the department concerned. But, I can gather from your query that the threat to your job is only your imaginations, and it will be premature to give you any concrete answer to that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register