title search of property.

I am a prospective buyer of a flat built by ARMY WELFARE HOUSING ORGANISATION in Pune from the original owner.
HDFC bank is asking for the title search among other documents.
How do I get it? which agency can supply me a copy of the title ? search report

For this purpose, you have to have the Allotment letter from AWHO in favour of the Original Allottee. If you are purchasing from Original Allottee, this is the first basic document.

Thereafter, on that basis, you have to approach the Sub-Registrar's office and find out and obtain a certificate whether the Flat had been transferred by the Original Allottee to anybody else.


Total likes : 1 times


further to my query above.
whose responsibility it is to obtain the title search. the purchaser, the seller or the bank from which you intend to obtain loan.
please elucidate.

Normally the buyer will be interested in knowing whether the property that he proposes to buy is free from problems.  Bank has no responsibility as once it gives loan, if the loan is not repaid, it will take steps to reccover the due amount from the borrower (purchaser) either by selling the property (if it is free from problems) or from other assets of the borrower.

The seller has no responsibility - so long as there is a foolish buyer who is ready to buy without checking the problem if any with the property. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x