LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravinder M Shrma (Retired Army Officer)     15 February 2011

Time Limit for appeal against order of Army Tribunal

1.   was given partial relief by Armed Forces Tribunal. I want to appeal against the judgement. Please advice action to be taken and the period available for appealing. The judgement was ordered on 1/2/2011.

2. To get the pensionary befits which have been awarded by the AFT, kindly let me know the action to be taken for early release.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

I am inquisitive. Did you file the case post retirement? I thought AFT caters to only serving armed forces personal. I need to know if I am eligible. I retired on 31 Jan 2009.

Mohandoss.R. (Assistant)     26 September 2011

Sir,

Appeal against AFT Orders lies ONLY with Supreme court; It should be preferred within 90 days of receipt of orders. However, you can apply for condonation of delay.

Regarding getting the AFT Order executed, there is no way except 'using RTI Act, apply repeatedly to inform you of the status of your matter'.

AFT is meant for both serving and Ex-Jawans.

Mohandoss.

(Guest)

Dear Mohandoss .R

Is there a time limit for submission of Appeal against the order of  Army auth namely COAS to AFT? If yes what is the likmit? And is there a mechanism is place to request waiving of as the order has taken too long, I retired from the Army meanwhile & I was sure whether retd personnel are eligible to file appeal to AFT or not?

I am stationed at Hyderabad. Where can I submit or can it be submitted online?

Regards

Haridas Mandal

Mohandoss.R. (Assistant)     28 September 2011

Sir,

You can file the case in Armed Forces Tribunal, Chennai - since, Andhra Pradesh is placed under this Tribunal.

2. Without knowing what exactly your problem, unable to comment.

3. If you want any guidance, write to me to : neomohanone@yahoo.co.in; I am a well wisher of Ex-SMs. So far, I won two cases in Supreme Court, two in Army Tribunals, presently conducting two in Supreme Court.

4. To any Appellate Authority, we can pray for condonation of delay with reasons.

5. So, Write to me for getting clearance of your doubts. Mohandoss.R.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register