Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     07 September 2013

Threat from probable father of my bitter half

Hi All,

Help me understand this confusion. Before marriage I was told that the girl's father has left her mother and got married with some other woman and living a separate life now. Infact her father's name is not there in the marriage card.

Now when the girl's mother has filed 498a and DV in Kanpur, that man is back in her life and threatened to pull my eyes from my body. (Seems like Crime master gogo. Ankhein nikal kar gotiyan khelni hai). 

Can you tell me any remedy how to kick this man off from the whole case??? May be he just came back, not because of the affection with her daughter and wife (otherwise why he have left them?) but to make some money. Since these Dehatees think if they have filed case then they have won it ....lol

Kindly advice.

Thanks

Learning

9 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 September 2013

what is wife's attitude towards her.

498_final stage (Professional)     08 September 2013

Hi - I am assuming you are asking "towards HIM"

The girl (legal wife) hates her father. Since her father left her mother and threw the entire family outside the house when she was 12. 

This man is no where involved in marriage then why is he trying to play any role now???

reconcile with your wife if possible.  he is isolated.

reconcile with your wife if possible.  he is isolated.

498_final stage (Professional)     08 September 2013

He is not isolated. He is having another wife with kids. ......

He is looking to have some money. Reconciliation is not possible. They are likely to be convicted as they are frauds. 

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     09 September 2013

@Author

I'm little confused about your case. If the father of your wife wants to join back to his old family, what is detrimental for you in this?

Additionally, if there was no formal divorce given to your Mother-In-Law (MIL), then his second marriage is null-and-void as per Hindu Marriage Act (assuming your is a case of hindu family). Your (Mr. GoGo Father-In-Law) can be punished for "Bigamy" and shall have no right to interfere in your married life or in your wife's maternal home.

All the best!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

498_final stage (Professional)     09 September 2013

Hi Saurabh,

Yes I am a Hindu and married in a Hindu family. 

Even I am confused. Yah there is hardly any harm, but dont you think it is a bit odd that a person who's name is not even in the marriage card, didnt do Kanya daan, the wife and daughter hate him and now when there seems to be a chance to make money through settlement, this man is claiming himself as her father???

The mother before marriage told us that this man left her and married another woman. There was no divorce which took place. That's what the mother told us.

But the man is a lawyer himself so I am sure he can get these divorce papers even if he has not done it before.

I agree with your point that he could be punished for bigamy. But for  that I have to search for her latest wife and kids. Assume he has divorce papers and he is married too with other woman, then?? Does he still have right to interfere in her first marriage daughter?

Also the man seems mad, so I dont want to add any complexity. Tell me a legal way so that he remains busy there. :)

Pkadian, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2013

hello. the case is filed by your wife then what can his father probably can do, except to assist your wife and for assistance it is not required to be a father even, any body can assist. as far as his second marriage is concerned that is the problem of his first wife you can't do anything about that. legal battles are to be fought legally. ask your advocate what can be done in his case to keep him busy, as your advocate knows the complete facts of your case.  

498_final stage (Professional)     18 September 2013

Hi Mr Pkadian,

Thanks for your inputs. I agree with your quote "Legal battles are to be fought legally". But what if you are trapped by a gang? There are few things which are suspicious about this family and we were made fool of:-

1) Girl's mother said her husband left her and she some how brought these girls up. 

2) After marriage when I visited the family - I was shocked when I heard from the girl that her Mausi's husband left her and her MAMA's wife left her as well. And another MAMA who has a family lives separately from the family

3) Girl after hardly 10 days of the marriage started threatening me of false cases (She got triggred by anything she doesnt like) - for example if I say I want to buy a gift for my father. She would react as if she is mad

4) She got another job in Gurgaon and we shifted there. She even raised problem there too even when we used to visit my parents over the weekends only. She started forcing me not to call/receive phone calls of my parents. I reported this to her mother. I was shocked when her mother said do as she says. 

I was then disappointed, I started recording her threats. It all started happening after hardly 1 month of the marriage. Dont you think it is a gang?

And now the father who was not even present in the marriage, no where his name is mentioned in the invitation card. Now suddenly this man has appeared and threatening. 

Now suggest 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register