LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Sales)     02 September 2017

Threat from my wife and inlaws - part 2

This is a continuation to my earlier Post where my wife and my In-laws are demanding removal of my Fathers and My name from the present house where she has a name as well since she wants the house in her entire name. My wife has threatened to file Divorce and DV case against me and my family and also to pass an appeal in court for attachment of the property. Also they have threaten to make sure i loose my Job .My wife is a double post graduate and is capable of maintaining herself and my child. Her mothers house is at Breach Candy Mumbai. I am getting worried now since I came across a Judgement where court has ordered attachment of husbands property for Non Payment of Maintenance. How do I protect myself. 

Learning

7 Replies

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     02 September 2017

1. She is a double post graduate, quite capable to earn.

2. What do you do? Your employment?

3. why does she want the entire house in her name? It sounds fishy that a wife comes and threatens the husband that ok, transfer the house or property in my name, otherwise I will file DV / Divorce case against you? Thats too much of a blackmail!! All husbands need to be careful then.

Whats the full story. Have you taken huge loan from wife's family which you are unable to pay?

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     02 September 2017

1. She is a double post graduate, quite capable to earn.

2. What do you do? Your employment?

3. why does she want the entire house in her name? It sounds fishy that a wife comes and threatens the husband that ok, transfer the house or property in my name, otherwise I will file DV / Divorce case against you? Thats too much of a blackmail!! All husbands need to be careful then.

Whats the full story. Have you taken huge loan from wife's family which you are unable to pay?

Dear Sir

I am working in a Gulf as a sales supervisor Salary only Hand to Mouth. But yet I have been sending her the money. The house which we currently Own i.e my Wife, my father and Myself is purchased from Sale of my Grandfathers House which my father Inherited After his death. She is not at all comfortable with the fact that my fathers name is there so as mine. 

I have not taken a single penny out of their Kitty and the purchase of house was entirely financed by my father. I have not concealed any facts about me. She even stayed with me for 2 years in Gulf..Her Mother is a divorcee and there is no Male member in her house as well.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     02 September 2017

Is the house is in your father's name or in joint name with you? As per law daughter in law does not have any right in her in laws house and assets. If the house belongs and in name of your father then the same as does not belong to you is not liable for attachment. challenge the order in higher court. Court papers are required to be examined to render any advise. Sidharth 9811776422

Sir, House is in my Father-Myself-Wifes Name on which her demand is... 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     03 September 2017

Firstly, i think you are unneceassrily fretting.  Your wife is taking full advantage of your ignorance of law to blackmail you into agreeing to her unreasonable demands. The question of attachment of property comes if you are unable to pay maintenance.  For that she has to be granted maintenance.  Since you mentioned that she is a highly qualified lady, the question of her getting maintainance itself is doubtable.  

As far as the house is concerned, since all money was paid by your father and the both of your names were added only for convenience, your father can file a civil suit seeking a declaration from Court to that effect. 

Vishal (Sales)     06 September 2017

Thanks for your Advice, to do all this we need to be Alive as they are so much desperate that they can Give "VAARDAAT TO ANJAAM"  It All started with Spilling of a coffee over my Shirt which became a Love Story and eventually Marriage . Little did I expect this would take me here... Sad.... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register