Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     26 November 2011

This father-in-law as a role model..

Alive & kicking a year after father-in-law's gift of life

JALANDHAR:

When Asha Rani, 33, hears about greedy in-laws, she feels blessed. For, a year ago, her father-in-law Jeet Singh, 65, a farm labourer of Bisrampur village, had given her a new lease of life by donating her one of his kidneys.

"I owe my life to him," said Asha, a daily wager who had undergone kidney transplant on November 24, 2010.

"One year is crucial post transplant and if the patient does not develop any problem, then it is a good sign," said Dr Rajesh Aggarwal, who had performed her surgery for free and even arranged for her medicines, moved by Jeet's spirit and Asha's plight.

"I got married 13 years ago. My father-in-law is very caring... he is more like a father to me," she smiled.

"I couldn't see her suffer. Without a thought, I decided to give her my kidney after the doctors allowed it. Today, I am a happy man seeing Asha live a normal life," said Jeet.

"My father has always been with us through thick and thin," said his son Sukhdev, a taxi driver.

"He has always been giving. He sacrificed his job as a sweeper in army when his unwell mother needed him. Then, he brought up his two young sons alone after his wife left him," said Sukhdev as his eyes welled up.

https://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-11-25/chandigarh/30440246_1_kidney-transplant-normal-life-sukhdev

Learning

3 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     27 November 2011

all these bogus and illogical so called women protection laws are destroying the basic culture and values of Indian family system.

(Guest)
very true. i am experiencing it.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     27 November 2011

me too

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register