LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R c p Singh   02 May 2023

Termination of a teacher in cbse affiliated private school

I have served as a PGT teacher in a private CBSE affiliated schoo at jharkhand  for last 14 years as a senior teacher. Recently principal has appointed a new young teacher under pressure from management and given me 1 month termination notice saying over staff and less student admission in 11th. 2 months back a letter was issued that students are not satisfied by teaching for the sake of making background.

Please let know the forums  to approach and  legal rights  so that i can fight against this. 


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2023

If you have been terminated as per the employment terms and conditions then your case will become weak.

However this will not prevent you from approaching high court with a writ petition seeking relief and remedy besides stalling of the proceedings till the disposal of the case pending before high court. 

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     02 May 2023

Dear Querist

You may approach District Education Officer of area where school is situated and file a written complaint against school for such malpractices.

You may also send a copy of same application to Head office CBSE.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Mohit Chahal
WhatsApp No. 9968911099

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 May 2023

Facts posted suggest that alleged ground for discharge, i.e. 'lesser students', is not credible. As such, the termination without following the due process, is unjustifiable. Appointment of another teacher in your place fortifies your case. You may approach the competent authority , may be a civil court, for appropriate relief. However, the alleged incompetence of the new teacher need not be ground among your averments,

Alternately, you may approach the High Court in Writ Petition, as already suggested.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2023

you can complaint to education department and CBSE as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register