Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghavbansal   29 December 2014

Tenant not paying rent.. how to envict

My Great-Grandfather had rented a shop located in prime location in our city in punjab at just Rs 20/- per month some 30-40 years ago.  The tenant is not paying us rent for the last 10 years. Earlier also we had taken rent from him via court 2 times. My question is :-

1. Is it possible to envict him on the basis of defaulter as he is not paying us rent as earlier also he paid rent through court only.

2. If point 1 is not possible the is it possible to revise rent on market rate through court.


 4 Replies

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     29 December 2014

You can send legal notice to evict on the ground of willful default in paying rent and then file a case for eviction. If not can file a petition to fix a fair rent by court.

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     29 December 2014

Dear, Yes send him a legal notice , or file a suit for eviction ..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Jaimesh Chawra (Partner)     30 December 2014

Dear, There is amendment in tanancy act on 2011 which is favourable for the persons like u . So, u don't have to worry now u can evict unless u have not filed any case before 2011 ie. Before anmedment in act.

Adv Jaimesh 09425212984

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     11 January 2015

First of all you buy a Punjab Rent Control Act with amendment  upto date.  then read it to understand the rights available to you.  then approach a good lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query