LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendran (Consultant)     30 June 2016

Tenant causing problem

My Tenant without my permission doing Construction work in my flat rented for her. The Construction is carried out by here son. I have given complaint to the Police. I m panic in future it would damage the building?. Can I file a criminal case against her, seeking protection for me & my other tenants life & property. ( I m staying on first Floor. and she is staying in second floor) Under What section I can file here case?. let me know the Section. where i can file the Case?.  Kindly let me know any good Software / links, where I can view rent Control Laws and Rent Control Act. and others laws. 


 3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 June 2016

you cant file criminal cases against them.have you worked out any rent agreement with them.if so you can quote the clause wherein its mentioned that they cant make any structural changes without the owners consent and if done the owner can evict them and vacate them.if they resist to do so you can send them a notice to evict failing which you have to evict them through court by filing a eviction suit

Rajendran (Consultant)     30 June 2016

My Father, has rented the tenant and the case is running for more than 31 years in the Court, she is paying a rent for Rs. 500. for a Flat of 600 - 700 Sq.feet in heart of the City. we have fiiled willfull default. Asking to sign up Agreement, she is refusing. Now Court has fixed in a fair rent of Rs.6500 ++.. but the tenant is still paying Rs.500 ( that too once in two months....). for this structural  Changes how can I Proceed?.

tradesinc (owner)     10 November 2017

neighbors can give a letter to you and u can give a copy to police \\ If you have trouble makers as tenants are in real trouble your life is ruined as there is 0 ptoyrcyion for the landlord in India judiciary people are struggling for 30 years with 0 results and 0 progress the tenant is fully protected by law and can can enjoy the property without paying any rent its his right Indian law . I learn t this the hard way after many years in courts the orders can be set aside in just 1 sheet of paper please never give more than 3-6 months lease agreement.. u will end up spending more than the rent and spend weeks months years decades in courts https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B--Jc2ljka1oM3lYTFNqNmo4Smc https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B--Jc2ljka1oMzM5M0hRcElZTzQ

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register