LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushik Nandy (manager)     07 August 2013

Tenancy right

I have a shop room which my father used to run as he got the tenancy right from my grand mother but the landlord then , refused to change the tenancy name transfer of that shop room so he used to deposit the renat at rent control kolkata sonce 1984. Now my father went missong in 1998 , in this scienrio (14 years over since he went missing ) can i change the name of my father from rent control challn ? Can i rent out the shop room vide leave and licnese agreement or so? Or by any other legal instrument. Pl advice .


 3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     08 August 2013

you need to approach your land lord for transferring tenancy in your name. thereafter, you need to take NOC from land lord to sub-let it on leave and license basis.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia



Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

connected query



Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 April 2014

also connected



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register