LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

monika verma (housewife)     28 February 2015

Tanent eviction

 eviction case is going on in court,  and court gave 15 days time to pay pending amount as tanent not paid rent and electricity bills since last 7 months, nither vacating the house even after expiry of agreement

My main concern is about :

1: after court orders to pay rent, seems like he run away with his family and  Locking the property with his household goods inside. then wht about eviction and wht abt his house hold goods? will my property get locked till he come back, or if he will not came back, then wht

2: how should i recover my pending amount


 2 Replies

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     01 April 2015

you can recover the pending rent from the tenant only if he has got assets in his name and you file a suit for realisation of money under the civil court. 

Under rent control act you can evict the tenant.  That is all.


Rent Control act is in favour of tenants

brijesh (manamger)     18 April 2015


i am also in similar situation,

1. Lower court has order the eviction and has given them 30 days time to vacate the house against the non-payment of rent.

2. They with family are absconding from the house since past one month. On the day of payment for rent in court they along with thier advocate kept on asking to accept half rent and forget eviction. to which we have not agreed and court ordered for eviction.

3. as per our advocate, we have won the case and they cannot get any relief even if they go to higher court. But they are mentioning that they will appeal ( which they say will get accepted once they submit rent in higher court). and are threatning us to drag till supreme court.

kindly guide..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query