IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra Mouli (Freelancer)     07 August 2013

Survey no wrong in property title deed

I am the owner of a property which was bought around 30 years ago. The Survey number mentioned in the title deed is the same as the parent document.  I applied for a PATTA since I needed it for some specific purpose. I was surprised to be notified that the Survey number as found in the land records is different from the one which I had registered.. 

Kindly advise me on the following :

1.  What are the steps to be followed to get it rectified.

I understand this may require rectification deed. The original title holders who sold it to me are no more and it will be difficult to trace their legal heirs and I am not sure if that would be possible at all

2. What is the cost involved in terms of stamp duty if this requires a recritification deed 

3. Is patta a required document at all to transfer  the title deed

Appreciate your advice


Chandra Mouli






 2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     07 August 2013

rectification deed cost will be 100/- plus othr expenses, depending upon the lawyer, yes patta is required for all further transcations along with chitta ,adangal. for further transfers or sales.

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     10 August 2013

Once Registered document is executed there is no need to obtain patta for land , if it is agriculture land you have to apply and obtain patta.  Your Vendor is dead you catch hold his legal heirs and see that rectified deed is executed to rectify survey number.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query