LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpita (home)     22 July 2011

Summons Acknowledgement By Ministry of home affairs

Local court tried serving summons under sec crpc 125 to my husband residing abroad via ministry of home affairs. Court clerk received a receipt (I guess from Delhi) without any signature or remark on it ? I am totally confused is this considered that summons has been served or is this just a receipt sent my ministry of home affairs ? It says my husband residential address but there is no acknowledgement or any remarks on it. 

While questioning court clerk according to him summons is not served until and unless there is acknowledgment. May be experts @ LCI can answer my query  is this considered as summons served or not ?

Can i use this receipt for requesting exparty orders ?

Learning

6 Replies

Arpita (home)     22 July 2011

I would appreciate experts advice here

Arpita (home)     23 July 2011

Can someone help me pls

Vishwa (translator)     23 July 2011

You can file an RTI application demanding the details of your summons.

Arpita (home)     23 July 2011

@ Vishwa ---> Is this considered as summons served or does the acknowledgment receipt has to have a receivers signature ?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 July 2011

Simply ask your lawyer to draft a covering letter for MEA and also for the Indian Embassy which in the country where your husband resides.This letter be attached to court notice.So 2 letters and 2 court notices.

It's better to personally go to MEA office and give it in the hand of the concerned dept.If you are in Delhi,there's a separate dept. for it in MEA office,which particularly deals in this aspect.

I have personally done this work,exactly in the same way.I am also from Delhi.And the notices were delivered to my husband also.Rather my lawyer also got acknowledgement from Indian Embassy abroad.

1 Like

(Guest)

@ Victim

Now I am getting amused.This query was asked by Arpita,not by you.So how do you say that you will follow Roshni's advice?

You said you are a man living in USA,in this thread:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Re-Re-Irritated-with-frequent-power-cuts-wife-seeks-divorce-40637.asp

So why do you pretend to be the "FEMALE AUTHOR" of this thread now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register