LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Petitioner Inperson (XYZ)     12 July 2013

Sugesst Me ASAP: contempt of court, india

I am really sorry, after publishing the post, I edited it and copy-pasted some content of it. And the question got deleted by mistake. Learned menbers of this forum may go through the situation given as under and suggest accordingly.




(Civil Suit)


In the matter of:


A               _____ Plaintiff/Petitioner




B              _____ Defendant/Respondent



"C" is neither a party of dispute and nor a subject matter of dispute, "C" is not AR/Counsel of "B" also. But "C" is willfully interfering in the proceedings of hearings using impersonation of "B" on record, with the knowlidge and considiration of "B" to secure him and to cheat "A".


1- Whether "A" has legal right and move application under contempt of court act to remove interfere of "C" !


2-  Whether "activity of "C" is punishable under contempt of court act and "A" can reccomend/demand action against "C" and "B" or not !


3- What would be the appropriate remedy in favor of "A" ! (Under which Constitutional Law or Act "A" can seek relief).



Petitioner Inperson


 3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 July 2013

where is the question?

Petitioner Inperson (XYZ)     12 July 2013

Mr. Rajeev Please check it.

Srinivas (Director)     13 July 2013

Yes. I believe you can bring a contempt petition against a 3rd party. You will need to prove

C is doing this on behalf of B. (this may be hard to prove...if C denies this...)....

Before filing a contempt petition, send a written letter (with postal ack) asking C not to itnerfere and send

copy of injunction and if spite of this they cause problems, you can use this as proof that C knew about

the injunction. Also have witnesses and take photos.... good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query