LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

archana (sdcsd)     19 June 2012

Sucide

if girl has attempted a sucide because of a boy who promises the girl that he will marry her but after some days he refused to marry. There is no s*xual relation between them. There is physical relation like kissing & touch. What will we the punishment for such guy in court

Please reply

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     19 June 2012

Merely refusing to marry after initial promise is no offence. It's just a breach of contract for which she can claim maintenance. There would be no rape since there is no s*xual intercourse. Abetment of Suicide (S.306 IPC) also wont be attracted on these facts alone unless ther eis instigation/urging/persuasin that sucidie is committed. 

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     19 June 2012

Ld Bharat is right

archana (sdcsd)     19 June 2012

yes i got u , but while sucide if she have wrote a note that this this guy promises me to marry & after some days refused to marry then what punishment will me there

(Guest)
If a girl (married) says one guy(single) "i love u but because of her parent she cnt marry and wish to die", and the boy says "think abt me, if u will die what will happen myself". (i have voice recording of this) then what case on boy and girl should i (husband) file.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register