Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pranav Kumar Verma (SE)     19 November 2011

Succession certificate

Hi,

After my father's death in March 2010, we applied for Succession Certificate for my mother for some shares owned by my father. We are 2 brothers and 2 sisters all of whom stay in far of places. The court has already sent us notices already about 3 months back.The problem is that the Judge is now insisting for some reason that all four of us should go to the court in person and sign off a NOC only then they will issue the certificate, and every time it gives a date only with max a month time before. We stay in far off places and it does not become possible for us to go so quickly.

I had heard that after the notice is sent if no body objects then the court goes ahead. Is this not true? Is it really required for everyone to go in person? Please help.

Regards

Pranav

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Personal presence is not absolutely necessary. Affidavits sworn on pain of perjury should suffice. Consult an expert on this issue.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 November 2011

Dear Pranav,

If you are staying if far off places, just sent a notarised NOC to our mother , which she can produce in the court.

If you are abroad, then you may do it through the embassy office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register