Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

J.D.Pai-Mum (Manager)     06 December 2009

Succession Certificate

My father who was estranged from me for last 25 years expired recently.  I am his sole legal heir.  He is holding Bank Deposits wherein he has named an unrelated person as Nominee for those Deposits.  I understand the position of the Nominee is that of a Trustee with regard to the legal heirs of the deceased.  However the Nominee is refusing to claim the money and hand it over to me.  What are the options available to me?  If I obtain Succession Certificate, will the Banks be compelled to hand over the proceeds to me despite the fact that a nomination is made for the deposit?


 1 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     07 December 2009

As the nominee is not coming forward to claim the amount, it is better you obtain succession certificate as you are the legal heir and bank will be bound to pay the money to you.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query