LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arun (high court nainital)     11 July 2014

Status quo

i have bought 5 bighas land of agricultural from a hindu widow of joint family. i am cultivating on that land after the commencement of sale deed from 1 year. after one year the selling party file a suit against the said land by making the next friend by his  married daughter on behalf of the children of that widow stating that she had not right to selll the property. the lower court now passed an order of status quo , can i now even cultivate the land or not ? i have my possession on that land with evidences of mutation and khasra.

Learning

3 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     11 July 2014

It is safe to avoid any cultivation  in the land, pending the status quo order, else it will amount to violation of court order  and would put you in trouble..

arun (high court nainital)     11 July 2014

if i have registered sale deed and khasra and khautauni and legal rights to enjoy i.e. cultivate the property/land now when an order of status quo is passed who will cultivate the land now ? plaintiff or defendent or what will happen? there are no clear instructions in the order only status quo to be maintained.

please reply soon

thanks

Mahesh Mahadeo Londhe (Promoter)     14 July 2014

Dear sir,
   . Neighbouring plot owner has encroached on my plot area and started the construction.I got a stay order  issued against the construction by civil court.Some people are suggesting that I must demolish illegal construction (that which falls in my plot's area)since it is not a  status quo ordered by the court.Had it been status quo it would not have been possible to go for demolishing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register