Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Singh (Advocate)     09 September 2008

Standing Orders

Dear Members and experts,
Please help me in this query- If an establishment is having less than 50 or 100 workmen, as the case may be, where Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act is not applicable, then how would we deduce the definition of Trainee, apprentices etc.
Is there any case concerning the same.
Plesae do the needful.
Thanking You.

Learning

5 Replies

Saravana Rajan   10 September 2008

Dear Sir,

Apprentices are defined in The Apprentices Act 1961. The definition can from this act be referred.

As far as Trainees are concerned, I am not aware of any laws discussing the definition. If experts can throw some light on this, would be of great help.

Aspects pertaining to Trainees are normally governed by the company policy at the organisation level.

-Saravana Rajan

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     17 September 2008

Friends,

wherever non availability or applicability of standing order prevails.you can go for the model drafted standing order in the office of joint commissioner of labour.

Saravana Rajan   21 September 2008

Hi Pragadeesh,

Have a doubt to be clarified. In case of factory / industrial establishments, standing comes into play. What such govergning rules are applicable for offices which fall under the category of offices which do not basically not involved in any manufacturing activity?

-Saravana Rajan.

S. Krishnamoorthy (Business)     04 October 2008

There is no such category of "offices".

Establishment includes offices.

S. Krishnamoorthy

Saravana Rajan   06 October 2008

Dear Mr. Krishnamoorthy,

I do understand that there is no such catetory. But my interest is to know the regulations governing INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS AND COMMERCIAL / SHOPS & ESTABLISHMENTS.

Hope my query is clear.

-Saravana Rajan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register