LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Saha (CEO)     24 November 2013

Speeding cheque bounce case

I have been fighting cheque bounce for 30Lacs for the past 3 years at a metro court. Will it help to file an appeal in Delhi high court for speeding up the trial? Or will it be counter productive making the trial court judge prejudiced?



 4 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     24 November 2013

Better takes necessary steps at the trial court level. Approaching HC might result in further delay. 

R Trivedi (     24 November 2013

What is the current stage of the case ?? And what is the reason for delay ?? You are accused or complainant ??

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2013

Approaching high court will be of no use because he situation in the lower court would be different which would not necessitate the high court's intervention and as rightly suggested, approaching high court for an expeditious trial would delay the trial further more, hence it is not advised so.

Ankit Saha (CEO)     25 November 2013


I am the complainant. The delays are due to

  1. absence of accused, lawyer saying"NOT ready"
  2. procedure issues raised 
  3. dates are being given by the court with 3 months gap,
  4. sometimes judge himself was not present

Current status is: examination of the complainant is going to take place



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register