FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     21 February 2008

Special Power of Attorney




BY THIS POWER OF ATTORNEY executed at--------------------------- on this-------------------- day of------------------------200--- I, ------------------------ aged --------------------years, son of Shri ---------------------------- do hereby nominate, constitute and appoint, Shri --------------------son of Shri-----------------------resident of---------------------------------- As my attorney for me, in my name and on my behalf to do or execute all or any of the following acts or things in connection with the Lease of my house situated at ----------------------------------------------------

  1. To let lease or give on lease the whole or any part or parts of the said house on such terms and conditions as the said attorney in his absolute discretion thinks fit, accept surrender of possession from such tenant lessee or licensee or other occupier and to take possession and receive rents, profits and income from he said house in whole or in part.
  2. To execute and deliver on my behalf tenancy, agreement, lease deed, licence agreement as may be necessary for letting, leasing or licensing the whole or any part parts of the said house.
  3. To repair from time to time, whitewash, colour wash and do other acts and things to keep the said house in good repair and condition.
  4. To pay, settle, adjust and deduct and allow all accounts, claims and demands or rent, assessment and repairs and other outgoing in respect of the said house.
  5. To collect and receive from the licences, tenants and occupiers of the said house all licence fees, rent and other such of money that may be due and to take all lawful proceedings for recovery of he said sums.

And I hereby agree to ratify and confirm all and whatsoever attorney shall do cause to be done by virtue of these presents.





2. ------------------





 8 Replies

anupam_advocate (n/a)     21 February 2008

thanx for use ful post

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     21 February 2008

Thanks for the post

manmeet singh arora (lawyer)     25 February 2008

1.yes it is possible to rent out apartment by executing power of attorney between the owner and the representative using the current proforma. 2.the power of attorney should contain all the essential clause of collecting rent and to mentioned specifically that who will recieve the rent,whether the owner or the representative as drafted in the power of attorney. 3.the reprentative so authorised can sublet the appartment if it is so mentioned and drafted as as clause in special power of attorney. 4. the person so authorised and as agreed in power of attorney is entitled to recieve the rent. 5.power of attorney is better for a person residing abroad,and he must execute the power of attorney in such away that it clearly states and authorises the person to recieve the rent himself or in his behalf.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     02 March 2008

Thanks & Welcome all of You.......

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     14 September 2009

Thanks for this useful post.

hareshwar   05 September 2015

Dear Sir,

I have 2 concerns:

1. For the purpose of a lease agreement, does power of attorney requires mention in the Agreement or as a seperate clause?

2. Given a situation, if a lease agreement is to be made between 2 parties. The first party comprising of 3 brothers( 2 of whom reside outside India) and the 2 party. Is it necessary for the brothers residing outside india to execute a power of attorney in the name of the third brother staying in India for the purpose of executing the agreement.

Thank you!

mital   10 September 2015

Dear Sir,


I am residing in USA. I have a property in Gujarat on my father's name. My father is no more & my mother wants to sale it. I want to give my PoA to my mother so that she can sale the property in gujarat while i am in USA. My question is.

1)  If i get the printed copy of PoA on blank paper notarized from a public notary is sufficiant? Or shall this be on stamped paper & notarized? should this PoA be sent to Indian consulate for attestation as well?

Jagadeesh   08 May 2016

Dear Sir,

I am residing in Dubai, UAE. we have a ancestral property in tamilnadu on my father's name. My father wants to sell it. I want to give my PoA to my father, so that she can sell the property in tamilnadu, while i am in dubai. My question is.

1)  If i get the printed copy of PoA on blank paper notarized from a public notary is sufficiant? Or shall this be on stamped paper & notarized? should this PoA be sent to Indian consulate for attestation as well?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query