Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj   05 May 2018

Son with more daughter will get more share in family proprty

Hi,

I have a doubt does a son with more daughter will get more share in Family Property Partition. 

example: grandpa is doing property partition, he has 2 sons. Son "A" has 1 son and 1 daughter, Son "B" has one son and three daughters.

so will grandpa would give "B" more property then "A".?

doubt: if yes, does the status of daughter marriage also taken in consideration.

for convenience, take this situation in Bihar state.

Please kindly clear the doubt in this situation.

Learning

3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     05 May 2018

From your post it appears that your grandps is the owner of the property.  It also appears that your grandpa is alive now.

If that be so, then clarify whether he purchased it or got from his father (i.e. your great grandfather)?

If he had purchased it, in which year he purchased it?

If he got it from his father, in which year he got it?

raj   05 May 2018

mostly is unmovable property, i.e, Lands, house and farming equipment, which he got it from his father (great grandpa) before 1990.

but my question is, the uncle (person "B") is having three daughters and my father (person "A") have one daughter.

So will my grandpa assign more property to my uncle (person "B"), or will it be equally divided between A and B?

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     05 May 2018

You probably think that your question is very simple and the answer should be simple.  BUT it is not so.

Your query cannot be answered without first deciding whether the properties in uestion are ANCESTRAL or non-Ancestral.

Therefore for this purpose you have to further give the following information.

1. How your greatgrand father got the property - whether he purchased it or got it from his father?

2. If he purchased it - in which year he purchased it.

3. If he got it from his father (ie. your great greatgrandfather), in which year he got it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register