LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hem Dev thapar (Sr officer Admn and Commercial)     17 March 2024

Society secretory resignation

In our society the secratory has resigned by sending resignation letter on WhatsApp, now the president is forcing him to rejoin, but some people don't want him to rejoin as secretory

Please let us know what is the legal process of rejoining the secretary, is it should be done with the voting process or President only get him join as secretory without any process?

Please guide.

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2024

You have repeated the same quetion in this forum as well as expert's section also that too today itself.

You may visit that thread to know more answers to your quetion

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     18 March 2024

What is your concern / dispute / locus standi to this repeated story ?

Hem Dev thapar (Sr officer Admn and Commercial)     18 March 2024

Dear Kalaiselvan Sir,

thanks for your reply, but I couldn't find the answer for my query and because of that only I had posted this query, if possible please do reply to my query or you can provide me your number I can call you also for getting my query resolution.

Regards, 
Hem Dev Thapar

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 March 2024

Firstly the whatsapp media was not the proper authority to elect this gentleman as secretary, he was elected to this post through a annual general body meeting in the annual election of the society hence the resignation sent through whatsapp media cannot be considered as proper and legally correct,  if that is taken up legally.

Secondly, the  resignation was sent to the president, hence it is his discretion either to allow the resignation or decline to accept the same. He can place the matter before the management committee in a meeting and take a decision as resolved by the MC members.

1 Like

Hem Dev thapar (Sr officer Admn and Commercial)     19 March 2024

Thanks Sir,

For specific and  proper answer......

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 March 2024

You are welcome for your understanding

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register