LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayur Patel (Associate)     23 September 2010

Society chairman not accepting transfer fees

I have brought flat in Co-Operative Society. From last 20 days I am continuing visiting society to pay Transfer fees of RS 25,000.

But Society Secretary/Chairman, not accepting my file with fee. Every time they give new excuse and not helping us. One fine day they give us some forms which are require for society transfer to fill up all details. So we have filled it and get some form on 100 RS Stump and now when we are trying to submit it they gives excuse that rules are change and now you need to get this form on 200 RS Stump paper.  Also they are not giving us new forms.

In Short they are not interested to transfer flat easily due to their personal dispute with old flat owner.

Any one suggest me what should I do now? What step I can take to solve matter?


 12 Replies

Daksh (Student)     23 September 2010

Dear Mr.Mayur,

Put them to written notice and mark copy of the same to the Registrar of society.

Best Regards


1 Like

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     23 September 2010

Dear Mayur

I agree with Daksh

Mayur Patel (Associate)     23 September 2010

Hello Daksh,

Thanks for reply.

Registar of society is person from society or person selected by Government?

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     24 September 2010

Dear Mayur,

REgistrar of Society is the person appointed by the Government.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     24 September 2010

Mr. Patel, u or other members of society written notice to yuur society chairman / secretory and mark copy of the same to the Registrar of society. Thereafter Registrar of Society appointe a (Vahivatdar) custodian for society and he has Government servant.

1 Like

Audry Fernandes (nil)     25 September 2010

If they do not give you forms, you can type the same on green legal paper.

there are forms to be filled by both the old member and new applicant.

As I understand, in Mumbai the transfer fee is Rs. 500, Rs. 25K is the premium. You are also required to pay Rs. 100 membership fee.

Writing to the Registrar is the correct thing.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     25 September 2010

Sociey is of members and chairman is elected by majority. If you members on your side you can compell him to listen if not co op registrar has no authority. You have to go to co op court of the area and if they are not able to find any lapses on your part ; you can get order form co op court for transfer.

1 Like


I agree with  Shashikumarji But  it  may  take  time  of 6 months  or  more

You  can  try first  with  Dy. Registrar  ALL  THE  BEST

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     26 September 2010

No hope with dept if majority is not with you.

Mayur Patel (Associate)     27 September 2010

Hi All,

Thanks for your guidence and help.

From some sources i come to know other committe members, i meet them and they all are ready to help me as they know about Secretary nature.. So i hope my issue will solve very soon.

Thanks again.




V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     09 October 2010

Both the outgoing Member and you as the prospective Member should visit the Society and insist on the transfer. There is no stamp paper required for such transaction. The Registrar of Society is the concerned authoirity appoint by the Maharasthra Coop Societies Act and approach him with all the documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query