fasle 498 14 October 2021
Anusha Singh 14 October 2021
As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the anticipatory bail in the case of Section 498a of IPC.
If you have any reason to believe that your wife may file a case under section 498a of IPC against you, you should immediately apply for an anticipatory bail. Once you get an anticipatory bail, you will not have to spend a single day in police custody.
Procedure to get an anticipatory bail
As soon as you hear about a complaint being filed against you under section 498A, you should take the following steps:
1. Immediately contact a good lawyer to apply for pre-arrest notice and anticipatory bail.
2. Draft an anticipatory bail application along with your lawyer and sign it.
3. The application must also include an affidavit in support of it.
4. A copy of the FIR along with other relevant documents must be attached.
5. File the application in the Sessions court or the High court.
6. You must send somebody with your lawyer to the court for the hearing of your application.
7. The protection under anticipatory bail is available to you till the end of the trial.
You have to apply for anticipatory bail even if you are innocent. This step is taken to keep the alleged person out of the police custody.
Hope it helps!
Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer) 14 October 2021
Why did you ask the question starting from the words inter alia, " Sir Why I need ....." ???
Giving an examination ???
minakshi bindhani 14 October 2021
P. Venu (Advocate) 14 October 2021
What is the context for this query? Who has suggested/advised you to seek anticipatory bail?
Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer) 15 October 2021
Read Apex Court judgment in the case titled "Arnesh Kumar Vs. State of Bihar" wherein guidelines have been given regarding arrest of an accused.