Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Sharma   11 November 2021

Sir , I want to sell my property ...they want the photostate of my property documents ...Can I give the photostate of my property documents to the perchegar ?

Sir , I am selling my property ...the perchegar want the photostate of my property documents ...Can I give the photostate of my property to the perchegar ? Pls. advice me 🙏

Learning

6 Replies

abarajithan r   11 November 2021

After finalizing the selling price,you can give him the copy of the documents by getting advance with writing agreement clearly.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     12 November 2021

The buyer may be asking to get the title traced through a Lawyer and maybe he is availing bank finance for the purchase. You can ascertain the information from the Buyer. For finalizing the price etc copy of the document is not needed. Once the price is okay between you, you may take advance as agreed upon, get an Agreement signed between you two. After that, if you decide to give the photo copy to the buyer, ensure that the photo copy is taken in black and format only and not a colour photostat. On each page ensure that it is marked as a photo copy.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 November 2021

You can provide photostat copy of property to buyer with endorsement " for vaarification of title ".

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     12 November 2021

You should not give photostat copies of the documents to the buyer under any circumstances. If buyer wants to check the veracity of your claim to the property you may give him the details on a piece of paper for him to verify.

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 November 2021

In my understanding, there could be no harm in providing photocopies of the documents.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 November 2021

Repeated query.

See response / obligation of experts on original thread.

It would be appropriate to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register