LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   04 December 2021

signing document

My grand mother wants to register her property to me. I wanted to take her to register office, her hand got factured she is unable to sign right

Here my question is tumb impression sufficient or should I wait for some days ? please suggest on this

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 December 2021

Still scared? You can opt for a thumb impression to do away with the signature problem. To do this, you will have to fill up a form – called the vernacular declaration

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 December 2021

Also get a medical certificate that she is mentally fit and could not only sign due to fracture of her fingers.

Anaita Vas   04 December 2021

You can opt for a thumb impression or you can even wait for her to get well and sign. 

You can opt for a thumb impression to do away with the signature problem. To do this, you will have to fill up a form – called the vernacular declaration

You can tell the officer who needs the signature about your grandmother's condition or even furnish a medical certificate, verifying the same.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 December 2021

She may put her thumb impression if you are unable to wait till revoery of her ailment / fractured hand.

Nikhil SHETTY   10 December 2021

will it lead to legal complication ,if it is challenged by heirs on thumb impression?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 December 2021

No legal issue / complication shall be there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register