Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     27 September 2009

Significance of Madhu, Kaitabh

Dear friends,

There may be many interpretations about form or idea of  Madhu and Kaitabh that are depicted as demons born out of mud of the ears  of Lord Vishnu.  Some may describe it as a creature that would have physical existence, some may describe as evil and destructive ideas and others may give some other  interpretations to it.

Today an idea struck in my mind while marking the origin of Madhu and Kaitabh. As is depicted in epics, they originated from the  mud of ears. I think that, if we analyze the causes of disputes and hostility in the society, it will be found that most of  them are due to words, spoken and listen. Listening is more important than speaking. Here, I would include understanding or perceiving in the listening. Misunderstanding or wrong interpretation and wrong perception is abstract mud of the ears. In the causes of hostility the role of hearing sense of the body is greater than other senses. I think the voice comes next to it. The mind perceives the words through hearing sense i.e. ears.  Thus, virtually it is hearing sense that spreads hostility which can be called Madhu, Kaitabh.

In an earlier post, I had submitted an interpretation to two terms of  Argala Strotram of Durga Saptshatee in which the worshiper prays for elimination of malice those terms are “dvishtam nasham” and “dvisho jahi”. Here I again submit that removal of malice is a prerequisite to attain and sustain power. If the hearing sense is pure and constructive, there will be no likelihood of malice and hostility. It is  malice and hostility referred in the Argala strotram that has been depicted as Mdhu, Kaitabh  in the first chapter of the Saptshatee.

Therefore, let us keep our hearing sense pure so that seeds of Madhu and Kaitabh may not find the mud to sprout.  

I will consider that  my interpretation meaningful if I am able to convince any of the members of this forum.

Regards,

Vasishtha  

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     27 September 2009

I am fuly convinced with your inpretation. It is gud advice to hear more rather speak. We shall find change in our life if we follow in our real life.

1 Like

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     27 September 2009

Thank you Mr Raj ! This message is in continuation of my earlier message under title " Law, Power and Malice - a key in Durga Saptshtee" wherin I have tried to submit that it is prerequsite to attain and sustain the power that one should be free from malice. If our hearing sense is perfect, it will send only good and constructive informations to the mind leaving no base for birth of malice.

Arun Krishnan (Student)     30 September 2009

Great observation once again sir.I appreciate your observations

1 Like

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     30 September 2009

Tripathi sir , appreciate for yr interpretations

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register