LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jameela (NA)     01 August 2016

Signature of client on a notice

I sent a notice to one allged person thru a notice sent by my lawyer for forgery and fraud played by alleged. It was on lawyers letterhead and he signed that notice. But I have not signed the notice.

Q1 : Is my sign on notice necessary ? What are consequences of my not signing the notice letter ?

Dear experts, Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Krishnendu Ghosh (Legal Practice)     01 August 2016

If you hire a Lawyer for the same there is no requirement of signature of the client. Because Lawyer do mention on notice of lawyers letterhead "on behalf of my client". So, requirement of signature of yours & no consequences. Thanks

If you hire a Lawyer for the same there is no requirement of signature of the client. Because Lawyer do mention on notice of lawyers letterhead "on behalf of my client". So, requirement of signature of yours & no consequences. Thanks

If you hire a Lawyer for the same there is no requirement of signature of the client. Because Lawyer do mention on notice of lawyers letterhead "on behalf of my client". So, no requirement of signature of yours & no consequences. Thanks

Jameela (NA)     01 August 2016

Thanks sir for your answer.

My lawyer requested to lodge FIR based on the complain on his letter head and signed by him only. However, later one of my friend lawyer said that as there was no sign by client, it was not entertained by police, and has no meaning of complain.

Is it true that my signature was must to get FIR lodged ?

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     01 August 2016

Yes your friend is right., If you are using that notice to establish service of intimation upon the addresee then it is suffiicent for your lawyer to sign. But then if you intend to use the same notice as a complaint given to the police, then the said notice must bear your signature so as to acknowledge the fact that you are the complainant and not your counsel.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register