LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     16 April 2015

Si denied filing fir in criminal intidimation

Hi ,


I got threatening call from my wife's side stating they will spoil my life and will see that I don't come back to my home after appearing for the 2nd motion in MCD petition. Due to this threatening, I did not appear for my 2nd motion in MCD case. 


I approached the local police station and showed the call history but the SI failed to lodge an FIR. He told there is no phone recording to lodge the FIR. 


Is it necessary to have a phone recording for lodging the FIR? How can I make a official complaint against the person who threatened me? 


The SI did try calling the number but nobody picked the call. SI reached the person's father in law but he told don't know the person with the name who threatened me. 


Can I approach SP or commisioner office to lodge an FIR? 





 3 Replies

rajuchowdappa   16 April 2015

Mr.Uday You need to approach any local advocate practising that he will you regarding your inquiry. Or else you can contact me 9980635871.

sridher (system analyst)     23 April 2015

Mr.uday as per the complaint given by you about threatning call you need recording for the purpose of


1) the Sub-Inspecter tried to call that number person

2)SI approached your father-in-law to know the facts

3) Most important is you will get call details for only 11 months if the call comes from BSNL

4) Ask a good lawyer to get the call Details through proper channel like court

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 April 2015

The call details or call history is not necessary for lodging a police complaint.  You may give a complaint in writing to the police with the details and can give the phone number too from which the alleged caller made the call. if the police is not responding properly, escalate the matter to the higher police official for proper inquiry, even if this failing to invoke any proper response, you may file a private complaint with the jurisdictional judicial magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query