LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goril Pinky (none)     15 May 2015

Shift duty rules

Hi, I am working in central govt institute (it is an autonomous body) as permanent post (Group -B officer) since last 3 year. i am working in shift duty. my shift duty is always second shift (from 15:00hr to 23:00)

but i would like to change my shift duty to first shift duty.but my boss not agree to change my the duty  because he told me that you are junior most so must come to in second shift duty only.

Please tell me what is shift duty rules in Central Govt. ????

Learning

4 Replies

advocate nitin kumar (lawyer)     15 May 2015

there are no such hard and fast rules in government departments related to shifts.

but yes there is a system of cycling of shifts periodically on regular basis for the employees where work is done in shifts (just like in police departments the constables had their shifts changed every fortnight)

for that you have to contact your commanding officer/HOD, or higher officers if they are not helping.

even if they do not follow such schedule of chaging shifts then you can simply write an application to the high officials, (on the behalf of your other mates as well) telling about the problems you face for non cycling of changes in shifts. and request them to get the shifts changed every 15 days.

that should help and solve your problem.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 May 2015

1. Which is that government institution you are working/talking about where work is a contineuous process.

2. In shift system of work it is always ensured that every employee is rotated for other shift, your query is raising doubt; rather unbelievable.

3. It is about internal functioning of the organisation which do not involve legal issue for which you need advise from the legal experts.

4. If you feel aggrieved with the decision of your immediate boss you can submit representation to higher authorities through proper channel.  Even then if you are dissatisfied consult a local lawyer for proceeding in a professional manner.

5. You may also consider to resign this job and join some other organisation, if still you feel that there is some baisness against you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2015

The decision of the chief in this regardis illegal.  The employees are to be rotated in the shidfts.  There is no such rule that only a particular employee has to undergo a particular shift of employment and others will suffer.  As suggeste, if there is no respite to your verbal or written application to change your shift on rotational basis, you may escalate the matter with the higher authorities with proper representation seeking to redress your grievance. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 May 2015

Take cues from Employee's Unions also.

The rules that are framed after negotiated with unions are usually available on union websites also in addition to website of the establishment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register